Blog author: Alex Stojanovic
Just a couple of days ago, Iron Maiden released the new single "The Writing On The Wall", which said that a new album announcement was imminent, and now, here it is! Maiden studio album #17 is ready to be unleashed before summer's end. For this album, they took inspiration from Japan, and have named the album Senjutsu, which translates to "tactics and strategy", and will be released September 3rd. They also revealed the new cover artwork, and the track listing, which also includes the writing credits and time lengths. It was once again produced by Kevin Shirley, so we already know what the production will sound like. It was also recorded back in 2019 in Paris at Guillaume Tell Studios once again where they recorded Brave New World and Book Of Souls.
Looking at the track listing, there are four songs written purely by Steve Harris, making this the first time a Maiden album had more than one song written purely by him since Virtual XI. Whether this also turns out to be Maiden's last studio album remains to be seen, but either way, a new Maiden album is always exciting, regardless of the amount of long songs.
Senjutsu track listing:
01. Senjutsu (Smith Harris) (8:20)
02. Stratego (Gers/Harris) (4:59)
03. The Writing On The Wall (Smith/Dickinson) (6:13)
04. Lost In A Lost World (Harris) (9:31)
05. Days Of Future Past (Smith/Dickinson) (4:03)
06. The Time Machine (Gers/Harris) (7:09)
07. Darkest Hour (Smith/Dickinson) (7:20)
08. Death Of The Celts (Harris) (10:20)
09. The Parchment (Harris) (12:39)
10. Hell On Earth (Harris) (11:19)