Wacken Metal Battle USA is proud to announce Boston round 3 winner UPHEAVAL. The band will now join previous round 1 and 2 winners COFFIN BIRTH and GOBLET at the city final being held on April 19th at ONCE Somerville. Boston round 3 was held on Tuesday, March 29th at ONCE Somerville along with other competing bands Lung Leather, Birnam Wood, Concilium. The winners of the Boston final will join Philadelphia round winners POWER THEORY and COPRSE HOARDER at the national final (city and date to be determined).
Final – Wednesday, April 19 @ Once Somerville (156 Highland Ave, Somerville, Massachusetts)
Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/364745117238312/
Round 1 Winner - Coffin Birth - https://coffinbirth.bandcamp.com
Round 2 Winner - Goblet - http://goblet2.bandcamp.com
Round 3 Winner - Upheaval - http://upheavalboston.bandcamp.com
+ Wild Card Band To Be Determined
National Final (city and date to be determined):
Power Theory (Philadelphia Winner) - http://www.sentinelmusic75.wix.com/powertheory
Corpse Hoarder (Philadelphia Winner) - https://corpsehoarder.bandcamp.com
Each city will hold their qualifying rounds plus city finals, selecting the top band to move forward to the national final (city and date to be determined) with one being selected to perform at the 28th edition of Wacken Open Air. All bands will be judged during battle rounds by respected local music industry.
For more info on Wacken Metal Battle USA, please visit these links:
Official Website: http://www.metalbattlusa.com
For more info on international battle, please visit: http://www.metal-battle.com
For more info on Wacken Open Air, please visit http://www.wacken.com
RULES:All bands, that wish to participate in the Metal Battle, must read the following rules and guidelines. Bands who send in an application automatically agree to the rules and terms.
- Your band doesn't have a deal and isn't about to sign to a label in the near future.
- Your band can easily play a 25 minute set consisting of your own songs. (No Covers). Full set performance time is 25 mins.
- PA, lighting, and sound engineer will be provided for all bands.
- Backline arrangements TBA.
- The bands must bring their own instruments such as guitars, bass, drum breakables, keyboards and effect pedals and may also bring and use their own guitar amps.
- To keep the changeover times as short as possible, bands with left handed drummers will play as first or last band. All bands have to follow the directions given by the promoters or stage manager.
- Semi playback is not allowed. All bands must play live. Background orchestrations are ok as long as all vocals, guitars and bass are live. Intros / interludes are also ok.
- Jury of respected music industry folk will decide the winners each night.
Travel for the winning band to go to Germany is at their own expense and accommodations at the festival will be in the form of camping in the VIP area.
Full professional back line will be provided for performance.