The band's upcoming album 'Tales From Adrenechrome' is due out on November 27, 2015 to follow up their 2012 debut EP 'Hideous Appetites' and is their most abstract, spastic, and explosive release to date. This album is established on heavy riffs, roaring drums, smooth bass lines, and wrapped up with lyrical themes that combine personal experience with fantasy, sci fi, and classic literature. This album is reserved for only those who can handle the high velocity heavy metal adventure that is Adrenechrome.
Music by: Adrenechrome
Lyrics by: Chris Friesen
Produced by: Dave Sheldon & Adrenechrome
Recorded at Dark Side Sound Studio
Mastered by: Dave Sheldon
Ontario’s Adrenechrome are hurtling forward like zombies with a hunger for flesh looking to create good old-fashioned rock n’ roll infused with groove and peppered with metal. The group features Chris Friesen dominating on guitar and lead vocals, Tim Kehoe who shreds guitar and haunting vocal work, Matt Copeland thrashing the drums, and Mike Van Dyk creating groovy basslines. Their name inspires a frantic, adrenaline fueled misadventure and is a direct reference to a fictional drug in the film “Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas”.
These heavy metal monsters started in 2010 and rode like the four horsemen to devour every audience they could around Canada. Their songwriting swings like an unhinged pendulum between rapid, brief works to heavy, ten-tonne brick tunes. Members are veterans of the music scene, coming from various acts like Gaswitch, Shimmy Rabbits, and The Doug Trucker Band. Live, the band is tight and strictly a “no frills” affair -- this means no make up or gimmicks, just straight-forward, kick-ass metal.
Track by Track explained by the band:
1. A Familiar Face is about our first entirely major song riff, meant to lull the listener into a false sense of security.
2. Lockstep - This song is straight up thrash with a touch of Van Halen inspired riffery and some surf style to boot.
3. Black Brubeck - Def one of our most spastic tunes, lots of riffs and even a nod to Mr. Brubeck himself.
4. God Sized Shadow - This is our most "song" like offering to date with a little black metal in the middle.
5. The Heart And The Feather - This is another major offering with an uplifting theme and some Thin Lizzy inspired bits.
6. Hideous Appetites - This track is hard hitting riffs with some sludge thrown in for good measure and a big rock finish a la Clutch.
7. The Lead Elephant - This is Friesen's personal favorite on the album, thrash/sludge tuned down to A and the riff at the end is one of our best.